Equal justice under Georgia law based on fairness, efficacy, and restoration
Stacey Abrams is committed to working collaboratively with law enforcement, community partners, the legislature, and every level of our criminal justice system to protect our communities, build trust, and improve pathways to restoration. Thanks to bipartisan efforts, we have started on the path to a smarter approach to safety and criminal justice, and Stacey will continue our progress.
As Governor, Stacey will:
- Promote effective community policing to build trust and keep communities safe
- Advance criminal justice reform through the elimination of cash bail, fines rather than jail time for small amounts of marijuana, and increased diversion and re-entry programs
- Served on the Special Joint Committee on Criminal Justice Reform, the Sentencing Subcommittee, Probation Reform Task Force, and the Special Council on Criminal Justice Reform for Georgians
- Helped pass changes to reform private probation, improve our parole system, “ban the box,” and juvenile justice reforms
- Appointed to the Judicial Nominating Committee and advocated for true diversity of representation in our courts