Affordable housing is essential to ensuring that every family has the freedom and opportunity to thrive. Stacey Abrams understands that the challenges impacting access to affordable housing are different across communities. Stacey is committed to partnering with local governments to develop solutions that work for every community in Georgia.
As Governor, Stacey will:
- Create a State Affordable Housing Trust Fund to support communities as they work towards affordable housing solutions
- Oppose legislation that would needlessly thwart local efforts to increase affordable housing
- Strengthen housing opportunities for citizens re-entering society from incarceration
- End veteran homelessness
- Support programs that improve economic mobility and fight stagnating wages so more Georgians can afford their homes
- Co-sponsored legislation to reduce taxes on affordable-housing construction
- As City Attorney, developed partnerships with local government and built awareness of the relationship between income inequality and gentrification.
See what Julián Castro, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development/Mayor of San Antonio, has to say about Stacey Abrams.