MACON, GA – Today, former House Democratic Leader Stacey Abrams delivered remarks at the Georgia Chamber of Commerce’s annual luncheon and highlighted her vision for building a thriving economy in every part of the state. She spoke about the importance of rural broadband, improving economic mobility in our state, and improving our rural public schools.
“As Georgia’s next governor, I am committed to protecting Georgia as a destination for business and fostering a strong economy, so families can grow and thrive in all 159 counties,” said Leader Stacey Abrams. “By expanding Medicaid to protect our rural hospitals and ensure a healthy workforce, investing in excellent public education, encouraging small business innovation, and supporting critical infrastructure like broadband, Georgia can be a state that unlocks economic opportunity for every family.”
- Abrams is the only candidate for governor with a proven track record of ensuring Georgia is a good place to live, work, and do business. As House Democratic Leader, she received both an “A” rating from the Chamber of Commerce and the AFL-CIO’s “Friend of Labor Award” for the same work in the same year.
- As House Democratic Leader, Abrams single-handedly stopped the largest tax increase on middle class families.
- Abrams is an entrepreneur who has private sector experience helping hundreds of Georgia businesses create and save thousands of jobs.
- As governor she will ensure Georgia remains a destination for business by:
- Promoting investments in transportation and infrastructure, including through support for inland ports and their communities;
- Expanding broadband access in rural communities;
- Vetoing legislation that is harmful to our growth prospects, such as “religious freedom” legislation and anti-immigrant policies;
- Opposing vouchers that starve our public schools of funding and supporting excellent public education, STEAM education, and postsecondary pathways;
- Making smart tax investments in industries like film and clean energy that create more economic opportunity and help more Georgians support themselves and their families; and
- Expanding Medicaid.
Read more about Abrams’ policies, track record, and commitment to strengthening Georgia’s reputation for business here.
Abrams introduced “Jobs for Georgia” as her first major policy proposal of the General Election. The plan will strengthen our state’s economy by creating thousands of jobs, supporting our infrastructure, and fostering a skilled workforce. You can read the plan here.
Read Abrams’ chamber of commerce questionnaire here.